Monday 2 August 2010

My activities in the past year

It's just a little something to note... In the last 12 months:

995 people have watched me dance

I have made 3 dance pieces... The Promise (ten minute solo), Jungle (a group piece for 15 young people) and Itai Doshin (for 8 young people on a Young Offenders programme) which have been performed at the Southbank Centre and Breeze festival, Leeds plus several other venues.

127 artists across all the disciplines have been directly mentored by me and have benefitted from my experience and advice across the Yorkshire region

152 members of the pubic have participated in classes I have taught

I have chaired one discussion group of 6 influential cultural creatives on the subject of Journeys and Discoveries

There is far more besides. For now, I'll leave you with this thought...

The above is a sampling of what I have done this past year. Bearing in mind I have danced, choreographed and taught for the repertory dance companies Diversions Dance and Phoenix Dance Company amongst others, I have no real record of how many people have directly benefitted by my interventions. Thousands, I have no doubt.

It's just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment