Thursday 24 June 2010

The strategy of artistry

It's hard being back at home... not so much the place where I live (I love my flat!!). It's being creative whilst living in a regional city. Being at the Southbank opened my eyes to forgotten ways of thinking artistically, creatively and personally.

It's going to be a struggle... I will make my ideas a reality!

Today I get myself a year planner and a week planner and start to put together a plan of what I will achieve in

6 months
1 year
3 years
5 years from now

I admit it's not something I've done for my life, how I want to shape my life and become in my life. (I have done exactly this strategic planning for dance companies like Diversions and Tees Dance Initiative so I do know what is involved to make a successful plan). To be honest in a way it's kinda scary! Once you have it in front of you, you have no choice but to achieve it. Once I speak to others about my plans it becomes tangible, I MUST make it manifest. To be able to have the life that I want, I must have a strategy in place. A strategy is vital to my successful vision of the future becoming my reality.

I start today on writing my event proposal... Having never done it before, I am filled with more than a little trepidation.. I am absolutely determined I will not let my doubts get in the way of my future! And if that means I have to write hundreds of notes and place them all over my flat to remind me of that determination, then I will. I can't afford anything to get in the way.

Even my doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment