Wednesday 2 June 2010

Now is the time to chart my success!

First thing I have to say is please feel free to comment on what I write. This blog is about inspiring debate. Good or bad (and as long as it's not offensive!) I'm ready for the dialogue!

I have done a fair bit this week.

In a nutshell... I am in the process of finishing my Associate position at the Southbank Centre (I finish on Friday), I'm in the middle of an Evaluation report for the Arts Council and the Cultural Leadership Programme, I was instrumental in fostering a possible new international artistic relationship between an International dance artist and the Southbank Centre, attended an Action Learning Set forum in Dewsbury, tomorrow I attend a training day facilitated by the Independent Dance Managers Network, I'm writing a proposal for an event and started to look at my 10 year artistic plan.

Not much then...

The thing is I do a hell of a lot each and everyday to facilitate and develop my artistic aspirations and make my ideas a reality. Day by day that reality becomes more tangible... I will now acknowledge, celebrate, discuss and publicise my considerable successes over the last 3 months (which are in addition to my 20 years experience as a dancer, choreographer, educator and manager in the UK dance sector).

For now suffice to say and without going into too much detail I have achieved the following:

I have seen 3 International dance festivals
Seen 40 dance performances from National and International dance artists
Had dialogue with some of the UK's biggest leaders in the dance sector
Attended several dance industry debates surrounding support of the dance artist at National and European level
Was invited to speak at the Arts Council England consultation
Earmarked an emerging UK dance artist for support at European level
Discussed multi-disciplinary creative and collaborative dance practice with a range of diverse artists


...and much more besides in the last 3 months. That's right 3 months. The astonishing thing? I've just realised the network of people I know personally and who will support me extends right throughout the dance sector. People know me... and they are watching me...

So I will ride the wave I have created and I will be telling everyone what I have achieved. My track record is a testimony to my artistry. Proof that I, Pauline Mayers am a unique dance artist with considerable experience and talent who attains my goals. My little creative stream is becoming a tidal wave of artistry that can only come from me. I am the only person in the world who has my experience.

I am planning the next phase of my creative development. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment