Monday 5 July 2010

My First full on day at my office

And very suddenly with much thanks and appreciation to Amanda Huxtable whose support of me and my artistic vision is invaluable I am now in gear and have just spent the day in my office sending emails to support my project and researching possible artistic partners with whom I can share my vision.

My office is small and compact. It consists of me, my living room, my mobile phone and my laptop with printer.

This is my office.

I have built my office over some time now and I have some very snazzy hi-tech gadgets to enable me to run my artistic enterprise. I am thankful for my office and I am proud of it. I am thankful for artists like Amanda whose generosity and real honesty is something that I truly treasure.

It's taken me a while to understand that I have an office and what that means to my working day. It means that the artistic planning I will be engaging with over the next 2 weeks in preparation for the next 5 years of artistic practice will be one of clarity and understanding fully how I operate and be successful in this current economic climate. I have no intention of surviving.. I have every intention of being the prolific artist I have always been.

There is something I am aware of writing these blogs. I have talked about the political climate and the economics of being in the creative industry. I have spoken about my transition... I have yet to speak about my art, so here's where I am..

Last week I had a delightful day of play with artists from the Theatre sector. They are a wonderful and vibrant group of individuals who come together to collaborate on a particular artistic question. Hosted by Leeds University and the West Yorkshire Playhouse this day of discussion and debate, research and play opened my eyes further to the importance of creative process in a collaborative environment. This week I have been asked to facilitate a discussion called The Multiplicity of Discoveries I: Reflections & Themes for a group of emerging leaders as part of the CLP Re:Freshers Conference at the Wellcome Institute in London.

My office has burst into existence through my artistic creative ventures. My career renaissance has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment